Software & Automation
The Impedance/Reflection mode is designed to measure complex impedance and reflection at one specific frequency. It calculates the series and the parallel equivalent circuits to display them graphically. You can choose your results to be shown either in Cartesian or Polar coordinates.
Frequency Sweep Mode
The Frequency Sweep Mode supports a great variety of frequency sweep measurements. To characterize any device under test completely, you can perform linear and logarithmic sweeps. Impedance, Reflection, Admittance, Group Delay, Gain and Phase can be measured from 1Hz to 40MHz.
Various different diagrams help you to examine the tested circuit: For the in-depth analysis the Bode Analyzer Suite offers Polar, Nyquist, Smith and Cartesian diagrams. The latter are available with linear and logarithmic axis scaling. Cursors help you to find resonance frequencies or zero crossings in the measured curves.
Reporting and Documentation
With the Bode Analyzer Suite it is easy for you to create a one-click report on your measurement, including all relevant device settings and measurement curves.
You can also copy and paste the diagrams directly into a word processor like Microsoft Office Word. Furthermore all measurement values can be exported to a comma-separated value file for further processing in any spreadsheet application or math program.
Note: You can save every measurement to a *.bode file. It contains all measurement data and device settings for archiving and/or sharing measurements. Bode-files can be analyzed with the Bode Analyzer Suite even if no Bode 100 hardware is connected.
Probe and User Calibration
You want to compensate the cables or the measurement setup? The Bode Analyzer Suite offers THRU calibration for the Gain/Phase measurements and OPEN SHORT LOAD calibration for impedance/reflection measurements. You can apply all necessary settings in the calibration window, the calibration state is shown graphically.
Some measurements have been repeated over and over again ...
... therefore we added an OLE compatible automation interface to the Bode 100 right from the beginning. Today many customers are already using this Application Programming Interface (API) to build up automated measurement setups involving the Bode 100. With the Bode Analyzer Suite 2.21 an enhanced set of functionalities for the API has been released.
To make your programming job easier we have collected a few programming examples which allow a quick start into controlling the Bode 100 via your own piece of software.
Examples are available for the following programs and programing languages:
- Excel® with VBA
Attention: Starting with the Bode Analyzer Suite V2.40 we have implemented a new automation interface structure. In our download area we are offering examples for the Bode Analyzer Suite V2.30 - V2.33 as well as for the Bode Analyzer Suite V2.40 and higher. Make sure that you download the correct version for your installation.
You can download these Automation Examples from our Bode 100 download area.
Provide us with your programming examples in programming languages not yet listed on our page and get yourself a great present.
- LabVIEW® is a registered trademark of National Instruments Corporation.
- MATLAB® is a registered Trademark of The MathWorks, Inc.
- Excel® and Visual Basic® are registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation.
- Python® is a registered trademark of the Python Software foundation
This page lists the evolution of the Bode Analyzer Suite from 2005 until today:
- Tg calculation to impedance/reflection measurements added
- Unwrapped phase display improved
- Memory trace csv export issue fixed
- Minor bug fixes
- Added chart annotations
- Multiple memory traces added
- Data+Memory, Data-Memory, Data*Memory calculation
- Zipped bode file is now available (*.bodz)
- Check online for updates of the BAS
- Send bode file to support feature added
- Possibility to clear the internal device calibration
- Memory and trace styles can be changed in context menu
- Trace markers can be enabled
- Improved shaped level display
- Enhanced cursor grid
- Cosmetic bug fixes
- Internal Device Calibration is stored to the PC to reduce startup time
- Improved 1 Hz / 10 Hz start frequency behavior
- Calibration is performed with the selected output level (inlcluding shaped level)
- CSV export offers possibility to start an external program
- Trace data can be copied to the clipboard
- Phase gridlines can be selected to be multiples of 10, 30, 45 and pi
- Open recently accessed files enabled
- Drag and drop of *.bode files enabled
- Calibration state is visible in status bar
- Improved "Optimize" scaling algorithm
- Copy chart to clipboard can include cursor table
- Options dialog redesigned
- Cursor color and style can be changed
- Font size for documentation purpose can be changed
- Improved 125% and 150% readability
- Multiple instances of the Bode Analyzer Suite can be started
- Toolbars can be switched on and off
- Automation Interface structure redesigned
- LabVIEW library adapted to the new Automation Interface structure
- Minor Bug fixes
- Internal Calibration is stored in the Automation Interface
- Resolved impedance measurement issue from 5-20 kHz
- Minor bug fixes
- Cursor position stored in Bode file
- Nyquist Diagram added
- New Cursor functions Jump to Zero, Jump to Value and Jump to next Value added
- Migration to .net Framework 4.0
- Minor bug fixes
- New commenting feature added for all measurement modes
- Improved Calibration time out handling for low receiver bandwidths
- Some cosmetic bug fixes
- Phase Margin Calculation for non-invasive stability measurement of power supplies added
- Logarithmic scaling and improved zoom possibilities for shaped level setup screen added
- Improved visibility of gridlines
- Minor bug fixing
- Improved Clipboard Export (better grid, better curve separation between data and memory)
- New manual added to CD-ROM in pdf Format
- Minor bug fixes
- Logarithmic scaling of Y axis added
- New Impedance Adapter mode for the use with the B-WIC and B-SMC adapters
- RLC Q Sweep to display capacitance, inductance and Q factor in the frequency sweep mode
- Full Speed mode - quicker measurements ad low frequencies and low receiver bandwidths
- Averaging, Min Hold, Max Hold trace functions added
- Selective unwrapped phase function added
- New charting software implemented
- Improved control of the Bode output source (on/off/auto)
- Improved Phase performance at low frequencies
- Data/Memory function for impedance and admittance fixed
- Enhanced CSV Export (more data exported)
- Unwrapped Phase mode added
- Bode File name now shown in print report
- Automation Interface extension:
- External Coupler Mode support
- Possibility to Load/Save Bode Files via Automation Interface
- Control of Shaped Level via Automation Interface
- Activation of Unwrapped Phase in AI
- VSWR Mode support
- Definition of individual frequencies for sweep now possible
- Print Reporting added (Print out measurement results & equipment settings)
- Export measurement data to Clipboard including equipment settings added
- External Coupler mode for impedance measurements added
- Shaped Level function for stability analysis of control loops added
- Measurement Range extended down to 1 Hz
- VSWR Mode added
- Windows support extended to: Vista, Vista x64, Win XP x64
- Jump to Min/Max Cursor Function added
- some cosmetic surgeries done (Wiring Pictures, About Dialog, …)
- OLE compatible automation interface for the integration of Bode 100 into automatic measurement setups
- Two calibration methods:
- User Calibration - to reach highest accuracy by calibrating every single frequency point
- Probe Calibration - for flexible operation; allows change of frequency settings without the need of re-calibration
- Store & retrieve Bode 100's settings, measurement results and calibration in *.Bode (XML) file format
- Export measurement data in CSV format allows easy data processing with tools like Excel™ and MatLAB™
- Serial and parallel equivalent circuits displayed in the impedance measurement mode
up to 16501 measurement points supported frequency sweep mode
The historic initial version of the Bode Analyzer Suite.