Bode Analyzer Suite
Frequency Sweep Measurements
Bode Analyzer Suite makes frequency sweep measurements an easy task.
Impedance, Reflection, Admittance, Group Delay, Gain and Phase can be measured from 1Hz to 50MHz.
Define start frequency, stop frequency and number of points to generate linear or logarithmic frequency sweeps. Cursors help you to find resonance frequencies or zero crossings in the measured curves.
Smith, Polar and Nyquist Charts
Results can be displayed in various formats such as Magnitude, Magnitude (dB), Phase (rad), Phase (°), Real, Imaginary, etc...
Besides normal x-y diagrams, Bode Analyzer Suite also offers Polar, Nyquist and Smith diagrams. All diagrams support full cursor and zooming functionality.
Pre-defined measurement modes make measurements simpler and ensure correct device setup and connection setup. The Bode Analyzer Suite offers a high variety of measurement modes to perform Transmission/Reflection, Gain and Impedance measurements using the Bode 100.
Vector Network Analysis
External Coupler Measurement
One-Port Impedance Measurement
Impedance Adapter Measurement
Reporting and Documentation
With the Bode Analyzer Suite it is easy for you to create a one-click pdf report on your measurement, including all relevant device settings and measurement curves.
You can also copy and paste the diagrams directly into a word processor like Microsoft Office Word. Furthermore all measurement values can be exported to a .csv file or .xslx file for further processing in any spreadsheet application or math program.
In addition Bode Analyzer Suite 3.0 or newer support direct Touchstone file export.
Note: You can save every measurement to a .bode3 file. It contains all measurement data, calibration and device settings for archiving and/or sharing measurements. Bode-files can be analyzed with the Bode Analyzer Suite even if no Bode 100 hardware is connected.
Interactive User Interface
Bode Analyzer Suite features an interactive user interface with cursors and cursor grid that show cursor values and special calculation results. Use the cursors to find minima and maxima in the curves or any specific values.
All diagrams can be zoomed and optimized to automatically adjust the axis scaling to the measurement results.
Gain and Impedance Calibration
You want to compensate the cables or the measurement setup? The Bode Analyzer Suite offers THRU calibration for the Gain/Phase measurements and OPEN SHORT LOAD calibration for impedance/reflection measurements. You can apply all necessary settings in the calibration window, the calibration state is shown graphically.
Some measurements have to be repeated over and over again ...
... therefore we added an Automation Interface to the Bode 100 right from the beginning. Today many customers are already using this Application Programming Interface (API) to build automated measurement setups involving the Bode 100.
Bode 100 can be controlled from any COM (OLE controller) compliant programming language such as:
- Excel® with VBA
In addition there is a LabVIEW® instrument driver available for download from www.ni.com.
Bode Analyzer Suite 3.0 or newer features the latest Automation Interface version 3.X that comes with several new features and advantages.
Find out more about the Bode Automation Interface 3.X by having a look at the Automation Interface Reference.
The Automation Interface is included in the Bode Analyzer Suite installer. Check out the Bode 100 download area.
- LabVIEW® is a registered trademark of National Instruments Corporation.
- MATLAB® is a registered Trademark of The MathWorks, Inc.
- Excel® and Visual Basic® are registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation.
- Python® is a registered trademark of the Python Software foundation
This page lists the evolution of the Bode Analyzer Suite from 2005 until today:
BAS 3.11 further improves BAS 3.00 and brings new features:
- Automatic Resonance-frequency and Q-factor calculation
(especially for RFID and NFC measurements)
- Link cursors to evaluate e.g. Gain slope at crossover frequency
- Long memory names are displayed via mouse-over
- For a detailed list of improvements and known issues, see: Version information
BAS 3.00 is a completely new Bode Analyzer Suite that brings the following improvements and new features:
- Measure up to 50 MHz with your existing Bode 100
- Improved work-flow especially for memory curves
- Predefined measurement modes fitting your measurement application
- 7 Impedance measurement modes to measure impedance from mΩ to MΩ
- Attach cursors to memories
- Perform Shunt-Thru and Series-Thru measurements
- De-embed connections, probes and mounts using Open, Short and Load calibration in all impedance measurement modes
- Perform swept or fixed frequency measurements in all modes
- Export CSV, Excel and Touchstone files
- Save your measurement results as a PDF print-report
- Use multiple Bode 100 devices on one PC
- Completely new and improved Automation Interface with COM and .NET access
V2.43 SR1 (2014-11-27)
- Fixed issue with Warm-Up (Automation Interface)
- Improved reaction speed of new Advanced PM Calculation
- Release information and details
- Source On/Off changed in Automation Interface
- New "Non-Invasive Phasemargin Calculation" method
- BAS creates logfile for better customer support
- Several performance improvements and bugfixes
- Automatic optimizing of the sweep curve (Auto Optimize)
- Drag & drop support for shaped level dialog
- New bode file type with .bodex extension
- Save and load of calibration in the Automation Interface
- .boa file is no longer supported in the Automation Interface
- New Automation Interface methods to increase measurement speed
V2.41 SR1 (2013-03)
- Tg calculation to impedance/reflection measurements added
- Unwrapped phase display improved
- Memory trace csv export issue fixed
- Minor bug fixes
- Added chart annotations
- Multiple memory traces added
- Data+Memory, Data-Memory, Data*Memory calculation
- Zipped bode file is now available (*.bodz)
- Check online for updates of the BAS
- Send bode file to support feature added
- Possibility to clear the internal device calibration
- Memory and trace styles can be changed in context menu
- Trace markers can be enabled
- Improved shaped level display
- Enhanced cursor grid
- Cosmetic bug fixes
- Internal Device Calibration is stored to the PC to reduce startup time
- Improved 1 Hz / 10 Hz start frequency behavior
- Calibration is performed with the selected output level (inlcluding shaped level)
- CSV export offers possibility to start an external program
- Trace data can be copied to the clipboard
- Phase gridlines can be selected to be multiples of 10, 30, 45 and pi
- Open recently accessed files enabled
- Drag and drop of *.bode files enabled
- Calibration state is visible in status bar
- Improved "Optimize" scaling algorithm
- Copy chart to clipboard can include cursor table
- Options dialog redesigned
- Cursor color and style can be changed
- Font size for documentation purpose can be changed
- Improved 125% and 150% readability
- Multiple instances of the Bode Analyzer Suite can be started
- Toolbars can be switched on and off
- Automation Interface structure redesigned
- LabVIEW library adapted to the new Automation Interface structure
- Minor Bug fixes
V2.33 SR5 (2012-07)
- Internal Calibration is stored in the Automation Interface
- Resolved impedance measurement issue from 5-20 kHz
- Minor bug fixes
- Cursor position stored in Bode file
- Nyquist Diagram added
- New Cursor functions Jump to Zero, Jump to Value and Jump to next Value added
- Migration to .net Framework 4.0
- Minor bug fixes
- New commenting feature added for all measurement modes
- Improved Calibration time out handling for low receiver bandwidths
- Some cosmetic bug fixes
- Phase Margin Calculation for non-invasive stability measurement of power supplies added
- Logarithmic scaling and improved zoom possibilities for shaped level setup screen added
- Improved visibility of gridlines
- Minor bug fixing
V2.30 SR1 (2010-10)
- Improved Clipboard Export (better grid, better curve separation between data and memory)
- New manual added to CD-ROM in pdf Format
- Minor bug fixes
- Logarithmic scaling of Y axis added
- New Impedance Adapter mode for the use with the B-WIC and B-SMC adapters
- RLC Q Sweep to display capacitance, inductance and Q factor in the frequency sweep mode
- Full Speed mode - quicker measurements ad low frequencies and low receiver bandwidths
- Averaging, Min Hold, Max Hold trace functions added
- Selective unwrapped phase function added
- New charting software implemented
- Improved control of the Bode output source (on/off/auto)
- Improved Phase performance at low frequencies
- Data/Memory function for impedance and admittance fixed
- Enhanced CSV Export (more data exported)
- Unwrapped Phase mode added
- Bode File name now shown in print report
- Automation Interface extension:
- External Coupler Mode support
- Possibility to Load/Save Bode Files via Automation Interface
- Control of Shaped Level via Automation Interface
- Activation of Unwrapped Phase in AI
- VSWR Mode support
- Definition of individual frequencies for sweep now possible
- Print Reporting added (Print out measurement results & equipment settings)
- Export measurement data to Clipboard including equipment settings added
- External Coupler mode for impedance measurements added
- Shaped Level function for stability analysis of control loops added
- Measurement Range extended down to 1 Hz
- VSWR Mode added
- Windows support extended to: Vista, Vista x64, Win XP x64
- Jump to Min/Max Cursor Function added
- some cosmetic surgeries done (Wiring Pictures, About Dialog, …)
- OLE compatible automation interface for the integration of Bode 100 into automatic measurement setups
- Two calibration methods:
- User Calibration - to reach highest accuracy by calibrating every single frequency point
- Probe Calibration - for flexible operation; allows change of frequency settings without the need of re-calibration
- Store & retrieve Bode 100's settings, measurement results and calibration in *.Bode (XML) file format
- Export measurement data in CSV format allows easy data processing with tools like Excel™ and MatLAB™
- Serial and parallel equivalent circuits displayed in the impedance measurement mode
up to 16501 measurement points supported frequency sweep mode
The historic initial version of the Bode Analyzer Suite.