Articles & Use Cases
Learn from our customers how they apply the OTMC 100 / TICRO 100, get some inspiration in different articles about measurements performed with the OTMC 100 / TICRO 100 and find out what is ‘good to know’ about precision timing.
You are interested in a specific topic or want to share an article or a customer use case with us? We are looking forward to your ideas and comments. Feel free to send them to email@example.com.
- IEC 61850-9-3: Will simplicity supersede complexity?
Based on the current implementation situation and the findings from the IEC 61850 interoperability plugfest 2015, this paper explores the differences and commonalities of the two PTP profiles for power applications and their interoperability.
- Time Synchronization of protection relays to IEEE 1588/PTP using the TICRO 100 Time Converter
using the optical output of the TICRO 100 IEEE 1588/PTP Time Converter.
- Implementation and Transition Concepts for IEEE 1588 Precision Timing in IEC 61850 Substation Environments
by Bernhard Baumgartner, Christian Riesch and Manfred Rudigier
This paper introduces the Precision Time Protocol (PTP), defined in the IEEE 1588 and its advantages for time synchronisation in power stations.
- Time Synchronization of Power Protection Devices in Energy distribution networks
This project report describes an easy and fast method of retrofitting power distribution networks to a reliable GPS based PTP time source.
- Research Report on the Application of OMICRON Lab's OTMC 100i antenna-integrated PTP Grandmaster Clock