1st Power Analysis & Design Symposium 2011
Our first seminar took place on May 3rd 2011 in Klaus (Austria), on October 19th 2011 in Duisburg, Germany and on 21st October 2011 in Munich, Germany.
Please feel free to download the flyer with furthers details.
Advanced Power Measurements
No access to the feedback loop? No problem!
By performing non-invasive phase margin measurements, you can determine the stability of a power supply non-invasively during operation.
How small is small signal?
Choosing the right signal level is essential for getting the correct phase margin and gain margin of your power supply.
You need more bandwidth than you think.
Sometimes instabilities of power supplies arise at frequencies you never planned to look at. By analyzing a simple LDO, we will demonstrate how important bandwidth for your measurements is.
Choose the right injection point.
For the analysis of your power supply, it is important to make sure that you inject your signal at the right position inside the control loop. By choosing the correct injection point, you can significantly improve the quality of your measurement results.
Can PSRR and Reverse Rejection be measured?
Yes, these can be measured and yes, these are important parameters you should look at when working in systems where one supply voltage feeds several DC/DC converters.
Designing stable digital power supplies
Designing digital compensators is surprisingly easy. In this session you will learn how to design a stable digital controller. Starting from a stable analog compensator with poles and zeros in continuous time, we will convert this into a digital controller using bi-linear transform. Practical issues such as the effects of sampling and reconstruction on the phase margin will also be discussed. The complete design will be implemented on a TI C2000 MCU and the session concludes with practical loop measurement of our digital power supply.
- 03/09/2022 11th Power Analysis & Design Symposium 2022 (VIRTUAL)
- 03/10/2021 10th Power Analysis & Design Symposium 2021 (VIRTUAL)
- 03/05/2020 9th Power Analysis & Design Symposium 2020
- 04/04/2019 8th Power Analysis & Design Symposium 2019
- 04/26/2018 7th Power Analysis & Design Symposium 2018
- 04/26/2017 6th Power Analysis & Design Symposium 2017
- 04/21/2016 5th Power Analysis & Design Symposium 2016
- 05/06/2015 4th Power Analysis & Design Symposium 2015
- 05/15/2014 3rd Power Analysis & Design Symposium 2014
- 05/22/2013 2nd Power Analysis & Design Symposium 2013